Our hair is our crowning glory. May it be long or short, straight, curly or wavy, the hair has different looks and characteristics. In the ever changing fashion culture, the hair is included in the evolution, various styles, cuts and hair colors are updated and with everything going on and with the different techniques, treatments and chemicals that our hair goes through, without proper care, it will definitely take its toll making our hair either dull, frizzy and damaged.
Whether we like it or not, what we eat also affects our hair. Being healthy will constitute to healthy, shiny and strong hair.
We are not restricted to anything, in fact it is highly recommended to trim or cut our hair to maintain its health but it is also important to remember that there are also other culprits that can beat up our healthy locks. Some of which includes our environment, the products we use and how we clean our threads. Below are some reminders for you to note, so that you can care for your hair.
- Have a healthy diet. Whether we like it or not, what we eat also affects our hair. Being healthy will constitute to healthy, shiny and strong hair.
- Be vigilant when it comes to hair products. As much as possible use organic or natural products. Examples of natural hair remedies are rinsing lemon juice in your dry hair to give it more shine or applying honey to the roots of your hair to solve your frizzy and tangled hair problems.
- When combing your wet hair, proceed with caution. It is normal to lose around 100-150 strands of hair per day but with wet hair, the strands are more fragile making it more prone to breakage.
- Trim those split ends every few weeks or once every 2 months.
- Even if your tempted, limit drying your hair on high heat. If necessary, dry your hair in minimal or low heat. High heat can damage your hair making it dull and frizzy.
- Brush. Brushing your hair can stimulate your scalp that can produce the natural oils that help remove dead tissues. Around 3-4 times a day is enough.
- For tropical countries, it is hard not to wash your hair daily, but if you do, you may opt or schedule the use of your shampoo and conditioner every other day or two. Also, it is good for hair strength and shine if you rinse off with cold water.
- If you have dry hair, skip hair colors first.
- Once in awhile, treat your hair with some natural treatments or hair masks. Examples of which are with avocado and peppermint oil or olive oil, coconut oil and egg.
- If the shampoo you’re using doesn’t give the results you want, or has stopped working for you, don’t be afraid to change it.
One thing you should try to prevent is hair problems, so before it’s too late, love your hair, take care of it and treat it right.